Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ludmilla's past lives.

Ludmilla [for sale here on Etsy], was the sort of piece that took a few tries to get right. Originally it was constructed by bead stringing, and I wanted to add bits of scraggly black coral branches but couldn't find any at my usual bead shops. I tried to substitute bits of black ribbon, but I wasn't happy with the outcome (or the picture, but its the only one I have):

P1180599

After putting it aside for a few months, I got pretty good at making my own beaded chain, so I tried again with Ludmilla. I think the extra metal in the piece really helps tie it together with the key ring. It's not drowning in frosted quartz anymore. I gave up on the look of imitation bracken all together. I like it much better this way :-)

ludm_a


Queen of the Cat People, class with a cult following.

1 comment: