Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Privacy Somewhat Broken on Etsy

I sell primarily through Etsy, so I wanted to give my customers the heads up on Etsy's latest not-so-great idea. Go check on your privacy settings!

Etsy users irked after buyers, purchases exposed to the world.

Also, I haven't looked around at their forums in a couple of years. And now you're only allowed to discuss Etsy's own website and its features. Srsly? No more forums for promotions or technique trading. I don't know how much work it took for the company to maintain that part of the website, but so many buyers and sellers used it that it seems like another not-so-great idea.

On the other hand, I remember when an Etsy listing cost ten cents for six months, so I guess these sorts of things are inevitable :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment