Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wicked Faire! Hooray!!

I'm in the middle of real estate hell, but there is one gleaming light of hope to look forward to:

The Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire, February 20-22nd in Whippany, NJ! Now open on Sunday!

Attractions include ME ;-), other awesome vendors, and lots of great performers and artists. The Lazersword Continuum, Voltaire, White Elephant Burlesque Society, and Repo: The Genetic Opera, with Terrance Zdunich in the flesh! Plus author Catherynne M. Valente, and spectacular steampunk events!

This year's theme is Wicked Chocolate Factory ;-), and I'm totally prepared.

Unfortunately, with all the packing, I am without my usual awesome photo setup. But here are some raw clues to what special pieces I'll have at the fair:

P1170364

P1170401

P1170410

(Please don't eat the jewelry.)

Furthermore, I'll have some fine pieces based on The Orphan's Tales: In the Cities of Coin and Spice, one of Cat Valente's latest books. And by request of the author I'll have several of these:

Djebah, coins from the city of Marrow:
P1170456 - Djebah

I was a little ... bored the night I made these, so they also glow in the dark. Yay for polymer clay.


For my online onlookers who can't make it to the fair this year- what I don't sell at Wicked will eventually end up in my Etsy shop. Also, I can make more tasty looking pieces if there is interest and demand. Just ... not this month.

Right now, my stock is still accessible, but my craft and jewelry supplies are all packed up. I'm so bored.

<3 Chrysilla

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I thought those were real chocolate at first! I make those (out of chocolate) once in a while.. but sadly, they melt when I stick them on a chain and wear them out.

    Yours do much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrys, I absolutely love the chocolate with a bite taken out of it. Sheer inspiration. :)

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Brittany & Dave!

    Yes Brit, in that single way polymer clay pwns actual chocolate, but not so much in the taste department ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Shanthy! I'm glad they're liked, b/c they're fun to make ;-)

    ReplyDelete